The Center for Great Apes occasionally has openings for paid positions as a Great Ape Caregiver or Caregiver Assistant. The focus of these positions is to provide optimal care for the health and welfare of the sanctuary orangutans and chimpanzees.
The Center for Great Apes seeks qualified individuals who are committed to our primate residents and who share the values of the Center in providing permanent care with dignity for the apes. We look for candidates who are enthusiastic, cheerful, have positive attitudes and, are supportive of other staff members and volunteers.
Besides having a sincere interest in the welfare and care of captive great apes, applicants for the professional employment as a great ape caregiver must:
- Have 2 years of experience in great ape or primate husbandry
- At least 2 years of college in related subject matter
- Have a philosophy of animal care and animal respect that blends with the Center’s mission
- Be able to lift 50 pounds
- Be able to work outside in extreme climates and weather
- Be willing and able to strictly follow all safety polices and protocols
- Be available to work any day of the week including weekends and holidays
- Have a yearly tuberculosis test with proof of a negative titer
- Sign a liability release waiver
Great Ape Caregiver Position Available
The Center for Great Apes has an opening for a paid position as a Great Ape Caregiver. The focus of this position is to provide optimal care for the health and welfare of the sanctuary orangutans and chimpanzees.
Working with the apes at the sanctuary is not just a job. Our caregivers have a commitment to our apes and love what the sanctuary stands for.
The Center for Great Apes seeks a qualified individual who is committed to our primate residents and who share the values of the Center in providing permanent care with dignity for the apes. We look for candidates who are enthusiastic, cheerful, have positive attitudes, and are supportive of other staff members.
Applicants must be able to do hard work in different situations (and hot weather) and be willing to strictly follow our safety policies and protocols.
Send all resumes with an application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application is located above. This position will close on August 5, 2018.
Banner Photo Credit: Jo-Anne McArthur courtesy of NEAVS