In addition to cash donations, the Center for Great Apes is always in need of food, enrichment items, and supplies. We welcome gifts of all kinds. From applesauce and gardening tools to blankets and Kong toys, the sanctuary and apes appreciate your help! Support of this nature is considered a gift in-kind and is eligible for tax deductions under charitable giving as defined by the IRS.
Many of the items listed below and additional items can be found on our Amazon Wish List!
Did you know that in addition to purchasing the items on our Amazon wishlist you can also automatically help with the care for the orangutans and chimpanzees at NO COST TO YOU when you select Center for Great Apes as your charity on AmazonSmile and shop through AmazonSmile instead of Amazon.com?
When you shop through AmazonSmile .5% of your purchases are automatically donated by Amazon to the Center for Great Apes!
Here's how to sign up for AmazonSmile:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with your own Amazon.com credentials
- Choose the Center for Great Apes as your charity of choice
- Start shopping!
- Be sure to add a bookmark for smile.amazon.com to make it easier to return to the site and shop
Thank you for supporting the apes through AmazonSmile!
YOU ARE Making a Difference!
- Heavy plastic toys (Little Tykes, etc.)
- Kong toys
- Jolly Balls (large 10" size)
- Scrub brushes for the apes' water play
- Giant plastic tubs or horse water tubs
- Durable Rubbermaid storage bins
- Plastic hard hats
- Sprinklers - garden & children's
- Cloth garden gloves
- Canvases for art
- Children's heavy-duty Board Books
- Large rubber or plastic traffic cones
- Butcher paper, adding machine or register tape
Ape Habitat Preservation
- Biodegradable Laundry detergent (preferably unscented)
- Rakes, Shovels, Pitchforks
- Heavy-duty 5/8" garden hoses
- Hose nozzles-straight
- Gardening tools - spades, pruners, branch clippers, tree trimmers
- Power extension cords – heavy duty
- Nail guns, hammers, screw drivers, crescent wrenches, punches
Ape Food & Food Prep
- Any fresh fruit or vegetables good for human consumption and not overly ripe
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Applesauce (unsweetened)
- Fresh Fruit: Mangos, Starfruit, Lychee, Jackfruit, Persimmons, Pomegranates
- Dried fruit (Raisins, berries, prunes)
- Unsweetened cereals
- Peanut or nut butters
- Apple Juice (low-sugar)
- Spiru-Tein shake mix or Whey protein
- Paper products - paper towels, bags, toilet paper (Septic-safe)
- Brooms and Mops
- 13, 30 & 55 Gallon trash bags
- Pedialyte (fluid replacement)
- Chewable Baby Aspirin (81mg)
- Chewable Vitamin C
- OFF Mosquito repellant - Family or Kids
- Blankets - Polar Fleece (no quilts)
- Cotton or Wool blankets (tightly woven)
- Fans (outdoor, heavy duty)
- Golf carts, golf cart batteries & tires
- Refrigerators and Freezers
- Washing Machines
- Clothes Dryers
- Home Depot
- Tractor Supply
Ship to address: P.O. Box 488, Wauchula, FL 33873
We appreciate your generous donations of in-kind gifts. If you live within driving distance of the sanctuary and prefer to drop off your donation, please call us at 863-767-8903 to schedule a date and time. Please note the Center for Great Apes is closed to the public; arrangements must be made in advance to drop off donations.
Photo Credit: Jo-Anne McArthur courtesy of NEAVS